.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

College Admissions Essay - Defining Myself :: College Admissions Essays

The joy of writing admissions essays I destine its favorable that I do this, that I solidify my thoughts into writing. Yet in pour my feelings into words, I worry that they will become the structure I take them that my liquid essence will take the shape of whatever phrases I choose that my thoughts will be defined by the words I use and confined to the rigid boundaries of a voice communication unable to gibe the fluidity of my mind that they will be limited to one different avenue when a linear direction does not suffice to extend these multi-variable musings. It is easier to float in the sea of my unarticulated thoughts than to build a language boat and sail on a definite course, but in allowing myself to drift at the whim of my minds currents, I get nowhere.   In articulating myself, I create a solid manifestation to which I can learn and say, Thats what I believe. I may not define my feelings poorly when I leave them unspoken, but in refusing to solidify what I believ e I have nothing nothing to share, nothing to grow on, nothing by which to determine who I am. And so I take the risk of losing the tease and comforting mystery of the infinite by committing myself to write. It is better this way.   I hold up this - this perplexing barrier mingled with what I think and what I say, between who I am and who I define myself to be, between what I think I carry and what I actually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment