.

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Fear of the Water Essay -- Personal Narrative Writing

It was 3 weeks before my terce birthday. The razor sharp air seemed to laugh at my winter coat, gloves, and hat. My draw was pushing me a large in a stroller at Carson Park. pass briskly along the pond trail to keep warm, hiding that she did not want to be there. She knew that I loved to come look at the pond in the winter, and she braved the weather because of my birthday. I looked up with my curious eyes, hard to figure out why it was that the ducks left in the winter, why the water system looked hard, and how people walked on the water like in the Bible. My M otherwise and I braved the weather for a whole day on the pond, and as the evening came, we decided to make our way home. She thought it would be nice if we took the long way out of the park and cross the bridge, and I couldnt be more grateful, water mesmerized me. As we crossed the bridge, my world came to a halt. A group of crows feeding on a dead carcass scattered over my head. A man was standing on the oth er side of the bridge, with a shiny piece of metal in his hand. I didnt understand, but my Mom knew that we were in danger, she knew what he held was a knife.LubDUB. My center screamed out. I knew something was wrong now. The man yelled and screamed word that I had neer heard. My Mother secured herself as a barrier between the man and me. His corrosive eyes met my confused scared eyes.Dont hurt my florists chrysanthemum I screamed.There was no reaction, no movement. The only sound was the crows cawing below. therefore the man said, How would you like to take a swim, in a quaint, merely audible voice.For a split bite there was no movement, and and then the man lunged at my Mother, and with the knife at her neck tipped me into the pond. I felt as if ... ...need air quite yet. There would be gage of breathing after this Slam My competitor and I seemed to slam our hold into the wall simultaneously. I didnt know who won. I looked at the strike board. Looked at the scoreboard and it read, Lane3 SwimmerMeier,usa TIME44.9 Place1. Victory.That was the scratch line race of the rest of my life. In my junior year, my third year of gamey school, I was defeated by the member of the Greenwich Black Crows, but I still received third place in the state. Exactly three years after my second place performance earned me a spot on a collegiate swim team, it was me on the ambo at trials. My victory wasnt over my competitors, but the water, the water that step me so many times before, it came down to a 43 second race in the Olympic trials and the three elements, one hydrogen, two oxygen, that I battled for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment